In-line Digital Thermal Sensor for iMac 2011 Hard Drive Upgrade
- Required for any drive installed into the main drive bay.
- Eliminate fan noise and maintain correct system fan control when upgrading your 2011 iMac.
- The only iMac HDD upgrade option on the market certified to pass the Apple Hardware Test.
- Fixes firmware incompatibility issues with third party hard drives.
- Engineered in-house and backed by OWC's award-winning customer support.
This item does not include installation tools.
Improve Performance and Capacity. Upgrade Your iMac with Confidence.
OWC's in-line solution is the only hardware digital thermal sensor on the market allowing a third-party SATA drive to be installed in your iMac. A convenient, plug-and-play cable, the In-line Digital Thermal Sensor eliminates fan noise and maintains proper system fan control through the iMac's System Management Controller. This innovative device is designed specifically for the iMac, requires no software hacks and ensures compatibility with Apple's built-in diagnostic processes.
Using an OWC Internal HDD DIY Kit (sold separately), replace your iMac's original hard drive with up to an 8.0TB hard drive or a lighting fast SSD with a NewerTech Adaptadrive, for dramatic upgrades in storage capacity or data speed while maintaining the original system's fan and diagnostic performance.
Note: Before attempting to perform this installation, please watch the OWC Install Videos below to determine your ability to perform this complex upgrade.
OWC assumes no responsibility for damage that may occur during the install. Technical support for this DIY product consists only of the OWC Install Video.
Mid 2011 21.5 inch iMac install:
Mid 2011 27 inch iMac install:
- OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable