In-line Digital Thermal Sensor for iMac 2009-2010
- Required for any drive installed into the main drive bay.
- Eliminate fan noise and maintain correct system fan control when upgrading your 2009- 2010 iMac.
- The only iMac HDD upgrade option on the market certified to pass the Apple Hardware Test.
- Fixes firmware incompatibility issues with third party hard drives.
- Engineered in-house and backed by OWC's award-winning customer support.
Using an OWC Internal HDD DIY Kit (sold separately), replace your iMac's original hard drive with up to an 8.0TB hard drive or a lighting fast SSD with a NewerTech Adaptadrive, for dramatic upgrades in storage capacity or data speed while maintaining the original system's fan and diagnostic performance.
Note: Before attempting to perform this installation, please watch the OWC Install Video, corresponding to your machine, in its entirety to determine your ability to perform this complex upgrade.
If you are not fully confident in your ability to upgrade the drive in your 2009-2010 iMac after watching the Video, you can have your Apple Reseller service centre upgrade your iMac where certified technicians will expertly upgrade your iMac for you.
If you need an upgrade kit with tools, you can purchase the OWC Internal HDD DIY Kit.
iMac (27-inch Mid 2010)(July, 2010)Model ID: iMac11,3
iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010)(July, 2010)Model ID: iMac11,2
iMac (27-inch Late 2009)(October, 2009)Model ID: iMac10,1; iMac11,1
iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009) Model ID: iMac10,1
Late 2009 21.5-inch iMac Hard Drive Install Video
Late 2009 27-inch iMac Hard Drive Install Video
Mid 2010 21.5-inch iMac Hard Drive Install Video
Mid 2010 27-inch iMac Hard Drive Install Video