Aura Envoy External Case for MBA SSD 2012 2013
Portable, Bus-Powered USB 3.0 SSD Enclosure
The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface also works via USB 2.0 connections for maximum compatibility and Envoy requires no AC power adapter making it the ideal Plug and Play USB bus-powered solution.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The OWC Envoy enclosure has been specifically designed for use ONLY with the factory SSD found installed in Apple MacBook Air 2012 models. Do NOT attempt to install or use the OWC Aura SSD in the Envoy as you can damage the Aura drive, the Envoy enclosure or both and such damage is not covered under warranty.
- OWC Envoy USB 3.0 bus-powered storage enclosure
- Carrying case
- High-quality double-shielded USB 3.0 (Micro-B to Standard-A) USB 2.0 backwards compatible connecting cable
- High-performance ASMedia 1053e chipset
- USB 3.0 interface backwards compatible
- USB 3.0 interface (Micro-B port)
Max Data Transfer Rate
- One Micro-B USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 backwards compatible) port, up to 500MB/s
- Integrated power/activity LED light
- Non-skid rubber feet for secure placement on any surface
- Durable painted aluminum body complements Mac aluminum finish
- Mac® Requirements: Mac OS 10.3 or later and an available and supported USB 3.0/2.0 port.
- PC Requirements: Windows XP or later and an available and supported USB 3.0/2.0 port.
- Linux® Requirements: Linux OS versions and an available and supported USB 3.0/2.0 port.
- Silent, fanless operation
- Bus-powered via USB port (no AC adapter required)
- Compatible with the Flash SSD module used in 2012 11.1" and 13.3" MacBook Air models.
External Case Dimensions
- 1.79 in (W) x 5.9 in (D) x tapered 0.279 in to 0.466 in (H)
Enclosure Weight (no accessories)
- 2.8 ounces (empty case, no drive installed)