FireWire 800/400/USB 2.0/ eSATA Powered Hub and External Storage Solution
The perfect companion for ANY Mac or PC!
Fast, Flexible, and packed with Four Interfaces, the miniStack v3 offers a techno trinity of performance, convenience, and connectivity making it the ultimate single drive storage solution.
FAST: When you have the need for speed!
There are so many high performance speed components in miniStack v3 that you’d be tempted to drag race it. The latest generation Oxford 924 chipset, the fastest drive mechanisms on the market, and an eSATA port all combine to deliver the fastest single drive data transfer rates possible…up to 150 Megabytes per second!
FLEXIBLE: Easy set-up, portability, and future compatibility
With its one eSATA, two FireWire 800, one FireWire 400, and three USB 2.0 ports PLUS FW800/FW400/USB2.0-1.1 connection cables included, miniStack v3 connects to Mac® and PC systems with Plug and Play simplicity. Its port flexibility and compact design also make miniStack v3 an ideal portable external hard drive storage solution to move among multiple systems ensuring future system compatibility.
FOUR INTERFACES: For all your data transfer and accessory connection needs
Having a “quad interface” in one portable housing makes miniStack v3 ideal for data intensive uses like audio/video editing, digital photography, MP3 libraries, and high-speed backup. Plus, now you can connect multiple desktop digital accessories like scanners, printers, memory card readers, digital cameras, and iPods® – all at once – with miniStack v3’s unique, ergonomically enhanced rear and side port configuration.
A passive radiator heat sink, intelligent thermal monitoring, Whisper Quiet Operation engineering, and a unique, space-saving stackable design are just a few of the features miniStack v3 shares with the award-winning NewerTech miniStack v2 storage solution.
All our drives are fastest in their class and are burned in during production to ensure an extraordinarily low failure rate. We also make sure they are noise and vibration free so you can be sure that you will have the best possible quality.
With its one eSATA, two FireWire 800, one FireWire 400, and three USB 2.0 ports PLUS FW800/FW400/USB 2.0 connection cables included, miniStack v3 connects to Mac and PC systems with Plug and Play simplicity. The MiniStack V3 is pre-formatted for OSX. However, it works with Macs, Windows, and Linux
based systems and can boot OS on systems.
Features of the MiniStack V3 range:
• Up to 2.0TB(2000GB) of bootable, performance disk capacity*
• Large 8MB, 16MB, or 32MB data cache*
• Oxford OXUF924DSb - High performance FireWire 800, FireWire 400, USB 2.0, eSATA to SATA-II with Native Command Queuing (NCQ) for optimum drive performance
• Compact 6.5" x 6.5" x 1.5" size
• One eSATA port (rear)
• Two FireWire 800 (1394b) 9 pin ports (rear)
• One FireWire 400 (1394a) 6 pin port (side)
• Three USB 2.0/1.1 ‘A’ ports (2 rear, 1 side)
• One USB 2.0 Uplink 'B' port (rear)
• External AutoSwitching 100~240v 50/60Hz UL Listed power adapter - 3A power supply gives you less stress and clean ample power! (UL, CUL, CE, TUV approved)
• Intelligent thermal monitoring activates fan only when needed to reduce power consumption and minimize noise output
• Auto-Power up/down automatically with computer
• Massive passive heat sink to radiate heat away from hard drive
• Fully bootable via USB or FireWire
• Whisper Quiet Operation
• Kensington® Security Slot designed to allow the NewerTech miniStack to be anchored to a desk
• eSATA - 1.5Gb/s (or 150MB/sec)
• FireWire 800 - 800Mb/s (or 100MB/sec)
• FireWire 400 - 400Mb/s (or 50MB/sec)
• USB 2.0 - 480Mb/s (or 60MB/sec)
• USB 1.1 - 12Mb/s (or 1.5MB/sec)
• Mac or PC with available FireWire or USB or eSATA port
Newer Technology miniStack v3 includes:
1. Smart fan exhaust port
2. One eSATA port
3. Kensington® Security Slot designed to allow the NewerTech miniStack to be anchored to a desk
4. Smart power switch - Turn off miniStack manually, or leave on and it will power up and down in tandem with the computer
5. Power receptacle
6. Built in USB hub with three USB 2.0/1.1 ‘A’ ports (2 rear, 1 side)
7. One USB 2.0 Uplink ‘B’ port (rear) for computer
8. Two FireWire 800 (1394b) 9 pin ports (rear)
9. One FireWire 400 (1394a) 6 pin port (side)
10. 36" FireWire 800 connecting cable (9-9 pin cable)
11. 36" USB 2.0/1.1 connecting cable (A-B)
12. External AutoSwitching 100~240v 50/60Hz UL Listed power adapter - 3A power supply gives you less stress and clean ample power! (UL, CUL, CE, TUV approved)
• Over 1GB of Freeware/Shareware/Public domain software installed (pre-configured solutions only)
• 12 month Warranty
• Color product manual
• Utility Software Bundle