200GB Mercury Enterprise® Pro 6G SSD
2.5" Serial-ATA 9.5mm Solid State Drive (Also available in 400GB version on order)
Offers Highest Storage Performance and Reliability for:
- Mission Critical 24/7 Server usage
- I/O-intensive storage arrays and high-end workstations
- Small to medium-sized businesses (SMB)
- Professional media creation/editing industries
OWC's Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G Solid State Drives are designed and built for mission-critical deployments that demand the highest performance and data reliability. With data rates exceeding 500MB/s, up to 100x greater data protection, and up to 90% lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) compared to the highest-rated hard disk drives, the Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G SSD is the new standard of Enterprise-class storage.
- Proprietary OWC Paratus™ Power Technology ensures any existing writes will be committed/retired to prevent data loss and the drive will be shut down properly during an unexpected power interruption.
- Enterprise class processor maximizes high-density NAND flash memory performance
- Toshiba Enterprise Toggle Synchronous (eMLC) 10K PE NAND Flash Storage for more than 3x the reliability and lifespan of standard MLC NAND
- Maintains highest levels of balanced read/write performance (up to 60K IOPS & over 500MB/s data rates)
- SATA Revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) interface with NCQ
- Qualified for use with all RAID levels
Built Specifically to Handle I/O Intensive, Mission Critical Uses
Designed for I/O-intensive enterprise servers, storage arrays, and high-end workstations as well as small to medium-sized businesses (SMB) in the financial, telecom, web/mail, gaming, public security, retail, and professional media creation/editing industries, the Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G is ideal for:
- Highest performance, lowest latency
- Intense input/output (I/O) workloads
- Online transaction processing (OLTP)
- Data warehousing, data mining, and web serving
- Dynamic tiered storage solutions
- Transaction intense Tier 0 storage
- One of the fastest Internal SATA 2.5″ SSDs available.
ROI as Fast as the Drive
By deploying Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G SSDs for an I/O-intensive task such as an Extract Transform Load (ETL) process, an IT department can reduce data sessions involving up to 25 million records from eight hours to two hours. With six hours of newfound data analysis, an IT staff can execute multiple sessions on the same day. That's a competitive advantage that can be used to deliver an immediate ROI impact on the bottom line.
Double the Data Security
Highest-level security protocols are used to ensure data stored in the Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G is safe from loss, theft, or repurposing. Data is automatically stored in a highly secure AES-128 hardware double encrypted format.
Up to 90 Percent Lower Total Cost of Ownership
The Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G offers up to 90% lower TCO compared to traditional hard drives because fewer SSDs are required to achieve the same IOPS performance level that multiple hard drives provide. With fewer drives required:
- Power consumption is dramatically reduced by up to 90%
- Drive environment cooling requirements are significantly reduced
- Fewer storage racks are needed
- Data center space expansion can be delayed or even eliminated
200GB Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G SSD Specifications:
Controller SandForceÆ 2582 Series Processor with up to 28% Over-Provisioning
NAND Toshiba Enterprise Toggle Synchronous (eMLC) 10K PE NAND Flash
Form Factor Standard 9.5mm 2.5"
Interface SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s supported, SATA 3.0 compliant
Capacity1 200GB useable capacity
Total Flash Memory Components - 256GB 56GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction
Formatted Capacity2 186GiB
RAID Support Qualified for single drive and RAID use with all RAID levels supported.
SMART Attributes Standard5
Native Command Queuing Up to 32 simultaneous commands
RoHS Compliant Yes
Format Unformatted as supplied
Height (max) 9.45mm (0.372 3)
Width (max) 70.06mm (2.758 3)
Length (max) 100.12mm (3.941 3)
Weight 80 grams +/- 2 grams, 3 oz +/- .07 oz
Data Reliability ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bytes correctable per 512-byte sector
Nonrecoverable Read Errors Less than 1 sector per 10 to the power of 17 bits read
Security Chip Based Data Encryption: 256-bit & 128-bit AES-compliant
TRIM Support OS Dependent
Nonrecoverable Read Errors Less than 1 sector per 10 to the power of 16 bits read
Warranty 7 Year OWC Warranty (Standard return policy applies.)
Sustained Reads 6Gb/s (up to) 550MB/s
Sustained Writes 6Gb/s (up to) 525MB/s
Sustained Reads 3Gb/s (up to) 270MB/s
Sustained Writes 3Gb/s (up to) 270MB/s
Random 4K Read4 Up to 60,000 IOPS
Random 4K Write4 Up to 60,000 IOPS
Read Latency less than 0.1ms
Write Latency less than 0.1ms
Active Less than 3000mW (3.0W) expected maximum draw
Idle Less than 1200mW (1.2W)
Temperature (∞F) 32∞F to 158∞F
Temperature (∞C) 0∞C to 70∞C
Temperature (∞F) -67∞F to 302∞F
Temperature (∞C) -55∞C to 150∞C
Idle (Typical) 0.0 bels
Seek (Typical) 0.0 bels
1. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
2. In terms of standard gigabytes, 1GiB "H 1.074GB and refers to the actual formatted capacity of shown under Mac OS 10.5 or earlier and Microsoft Windows OS.
3. Specific application environments such as temperature and duty cycle will affect the overall reliability.
4. Specifications provided by SandForce.
5. Temperature reporting is currently an unsupported feature because due to the operating characteristics of SSDs, it is highly unlikely one would ever exceed an OWC Mercury SSD's stated operating temperature ceiling of 158F/70C. However, we are looking into supporting this feature in the future via a firmware update.