Aura Pro 6G 240GB SSD for 20012 MacBook Air
6Gbps SSD express drive for MacBook Air 2012 Edition
Ultra High-Performance for demanding MacBook Air power users.
OWC's Aura Pro SSD provides upgrades from the original factory options for MacBook Air 2012.
* More OPTIONS choose from 120GB, 180GB, 240GB or 480GB models.
* More COMPLETE includes all the tools for installation
The Aura Pro SSD line features industry leading SandForceÆ DuraClass!" Technologies:
* DuraWrite!" extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
* Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
* Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
* Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
* RAISE!" (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
* Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
Once again, OWC provides Mac users an upgrade path that delivers higher performance, functionality, and reliability! Whether you own or are considering a 2012 base model 11 3 MacBook Air with a 64GB Solid State Drive or the top of the line 13 3 model with a 512GB SSD.
Unlike the factory pre-configured models with no other SSD choices offered, the OWC Aura Pro 6G gives you the freedom to choose from a variety of sizes to meet your storage needs.
Better by Design
"Mean Time To Failure" - We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD with DuraWrite™ Technology, optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance. This adds up to a MTTF that is higher than most SSDs and enterprise class hard drives on the market today.
Synchronous Interface NAND
To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6Gb/s bus standard, the OWC Aura Pro 6G SSDs utilize Tier-1 Synchronous NAND instead of commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. Synchronous NAND enables reads and writes to be "synced" with the SSD processor's clock signal for maximum data throughput.
* One of the fastest internal SSD
available...and built in the USA!
* Ultra-efficient Block Management
& Wear Leveling
* Includes Torx T-5 screwdriver plus a Pentalobe compatible driver
120GB useable capacity
Total Flash Memory Components - 128GB
8GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction
Tier 1 Major 2X-nm Multi-Level Cell (MLC) High-Performance Sync-NAND Flash
SandForce 2281 Series Processor with 7% Over Provisioning
Native Command Queuing
up to 32 commands
Manufacturer Model Number
Unformatted (Instructions on formatting here)
ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bytes correctable per 512-byte sector
Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant
Nonrecoverable Read Errors
Less than 1 sector per 1016 bits read
3 Year OWC Warranty
(Standard return policy applies.)
Reads (up to)
Writes (up to)
Random 4K Read4
Up to 60,000 IOPS
Random 4K Write4
Up to 60,000 IOPS
less than 0.1ms
less than 0.1ms
Less than 3000mW (3.0W) expected maximum draw
Less than 1200mW (1.2W)
Power Nap compatible
32°F to 158°F
0°C to 70°C
-67°F to 302°F
-55°C to 150°C
1. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
2. In terms of standard gigabytes, 1GiB ≈ 1.074GB and refers to the actual formatted capacity of shown under Mac OS 10.5 or earlier and Microsoft Windows OS.
3. Specific application environments such as temperature and duty cycle will affect the overall reliability rates.
4. Based on SandForce processor operation.
5. Specifications provided by SandForce.